Richard Tarr & Co |   Terms of Business   |   Terms of Engagement   |   Terms of Disengagement   |    Privacy Policy   |   Website disclaimer  |   Website terms and conditions

Register as self employed

First of all, you need to register with HM Revenue & Customs as a self employed person.  You must do this within three months of commencing to trade, otherwise you may become liable to late registration penalties.  The easiest way to register is to do it online via the HMRC website (see below) but you can also do it  by phone or by downloading a form to post.

You will need to have to hand the following information

You can register online using the following link: Register online

Telephone helpline 0845 915 4515

If you wish to appoint an agent, you’ll also need to complete and sign a form 64-8 (Authorising your agent) form.  You can obtain one here

Finally, the Government are quite helpful and supply several guidelines on the following page of their website here